Culworth
Culworth

Tweets from @CulworthVillage @CulworthVillage

South Northants News & Information

South Northants Art Events

Oct_S Northants Arts Events.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [737.2 KB]

Warning for noisy neighbours as council adopts app

 

Help is at hand for people suffering from noise nuisance in the form of an app which makes it easier to submit evidence of a problem.
 
South Northamptonshire Council (SNC) has recently signed up to ‘The Noise App,' a smartphone programme which facilitates the recording of nuisance noise and behaviour.
 
Once residents have reported the problem to the council, they can use the app to gather supporting evidence, which is immediately uploaded to a website where officers can examine it.
 
Cllr Dermot Bambridge SNC’s portfolio holder for environmental services, said: “Noise disturbance can prove to be stressful and upsetting, so it is great to see technology being put to good use by the council in order to resolve such matters quickly and efficiently.
 
“These days the majority of people have a smart phone or tablet, so by signing up to this new app we are putting residents in control with an easy to use and practical solution."
 
Nuisance noise can still be reported to the council via the online reporting form or by phone; however residents now also have the option of using the app to log any disturbance, making it easier for residents to capture evidence to support any allegations.
 
Although the app will support residents’ claims, it does not replace the need for noise monitoring or visits from council officers to determine the scale and nature of nuisance noise.
 
It is already being successfully used by a number of other local authorities around the country.
 
The app can be downloaded for free through either through Google Play for Android or the App store for iPhone users. 
 
More details can be found either at www.thenoiseapp.com or on our website  http://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/noise-app.

Police Update

South Northants update Mar 2017 pdf.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [82.6 KB]

South Northamptonshire residents urged to show support for cost saving partnership

Residents and businesses in South Northamptonshire are being urged to show support for their district council as the financially stricken Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) threatens a successful cost saving and efficiency partnership.

On Tuesday, 14 March OCC will vote on whether to move forward with plans for a single unitary authority responsible for all service delivery.

The proposals threaten to scrap the county’s city and district councils.

Currently Cherwell District Council and South Northamptonshire Council (SNC) have a joint working partnership, with one Chief Executive, one set of directors, managers and council officers.

This has saved millions of pounds for both councils, while protecting frontline services and supressing Council Tax increases.

The new proposals set out by OCC puts those successful arrangements at risk.

Cllr Ian McCord, Leader of SNC, said: “Sharing staff, a Chief Executive and a joint management team has proven to be hugely successful in creating significant cost savings and delivering transformational change across both councils.

“So far, I have not been approached by the Leader, Cllr Ian Huspeth or his team from OCC as to what this would mean for SNC, either for residents or staff, and why they wish to abandon all that has been achieved without any consultation with us.

“It is not possible to pull one council off the see-saw and jettison the other in the air, OCC must come clean and make their plans clear.”

The proposals are being opposed by Cherwell District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxford City Council, with all jointly inviting Sajid Javid, MP and Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, to discuss alternative options.

A petition opposing the proposal which is supported by South Northamptonshire Council has also been launched by Cherwell District Council, raising concerns over finance, service delivery and localism should the plans proceed.

To sign the petition visit https://www.change.org/p/stop-plans-for-a-unitary-authority-in-oxfordshire

Event to showcase wealth of youth opportunities

Anyone who has said there is nothing for young people in Towcester, should visit Sponne School on Tuesday, 21 March when more than 30 youth groups will be promoting their activities.
 
The Towcester Youth Showcase is aimed at parents, and young people aged eight to 18, and there will be a free prize draw on the night to win places on South Northamptonshire Council’s (SNC) holiday activity programme as well as four tickets to the Boost trampoline park in Northampton.
 
The event has been organised by the Towcester Youth Strategy Forum which includes key groups and organisations from across the district and is supported by SNC.
 
Cllr Karen Cooper, SNC’s portfolio holder for community engagement and wellbeing, said: “Towcester and the wider district are fortunate to have many youth groups, sports clubs, performing arts and volunteering groups.
 
“So for those who want it, there is a wealth of opportunities in the town for young people to entertain themselves, grow their minds and enhance their sporting abilities.”
 
For more information or to reserve a table for your organisation, please contact Edward Frape via edward.frape@cherwellandsouthnorthants.gov.uk or Laura Patterson via laurahrpatterson@gmail.com.  
 
Print Print | Sitemap
© Culworth